Saturday, October 13, 2012

Finished Saturday: Hats for Steve and Sam

About the only thing that comes to mind right now that I finished by myself this week without any part of it done by Rachel (she did part of the pumpkin hat) are these two hats for Steve and Shad Clanton. Maybe I should post stuff she and I worked on together anyways because she isn't posting FF herself?? Hmm.... And I should really start calling it Finished for the Clanton's, not Finished Friday!
Made the pattern up for both.. very simple, nothing fancy. The challenge getting them close enough the my guess of the right size, which it is a problem with beanies like this and why I usually don't make them.
Me posing with Steve's on... I told Steve he was lucky he even got it , because I did NOT want to take it off to send it, I loved it so much!
Tried a new stripe technique - white sc, black sc, white dc, black sc, and white sc, instead of what I did for the other two hats - a round of dc in the contrasting color, a row of dc in the main color, and a row or dc in the contrasting color. It was meant to be more like his coat (see below), and I really how it turned out!
So did they like them?? Umm... judging from this pic, and the fact their mom asked me already if they were machine washable already (they only got them yesterday), because they aren't taking them off - I would guess yes! :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you would like to join me in this Finished Friday quest to finish projects... please blog about your project(s) you have finished the past week on Friday's, and come back here and leave a comment with your blog link. If this is successful, in the future I might set up a linky list you can join. Projects do not have to be projects you procrastinated on, they can be anything, sewing/crocheting/knitting or any other fiber art, and they need to be FINISHED! :)

Bloggers currently blogging FF frequently with me are: 
Brianna - http://briannascreativecrochet.com/

Can't wait to see your projects!

1 comment :

  1. It looks like they are enjoying those hats ;) It is nice of you to make these things for them!
    We are praying for Selah and her family!
    love,
    Haylee for the Adamsons

    ReplyDelete