Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ultimate Scrubbie - Free Crochet Pattern

Ultimate Scrubbie - Free Crochet Pattern
I recently got an order for some scrubbies, and like always, I couldn't find a good pattern I liked so I made one up! This pattern is SUPER easy and SUPER fast!!!

Important Notes:
*You are welcome to sell items made from this pattern, but please do not sell this pattern. I would love it if you linked back here though!
*If you think any corrections should be made to this pattern, please let me know!
*All abbreviations used in patterns are explained here.

Finished Size:
About 3 inches in diameter, and 1 inch tall.

Materials:
-J hook
-Stitch marker
-Nylon Netting cut in 3 inch strips (tutorial coming soon!)

Pattern:

Pattern Notes:
*Place st marker in last st, and move it to last st of every round as you go through the pattern
*Starting on Row 2, pattern is worked in back loops only.

Pattern:
ch 2
Round 1: 6 sc in second ch from hook. (6 sc)
Round 2: 2 sc in ea st around. (12 sc)
Round 3: *2 sc in first/next st, 1 sc in next st, repeat from * around. (18 sc)
Round 4: *2 sc in first/next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts, repeat from * around. (24 sc)
Round 5: *2 sc in first/next st, 1 sc in next 3 sts, repeat from * around. (30 sc)
Round 6: 1 sc in each around. (30 sc)
Round 7: *sc dec in first/next st, sc in next 3 sts, repeat from * around. (24 sc)
Round 8: *sc dec in first/next st, sc in next 2 sts, repeat from * around. (18 sc)
After you finish round 8, the hole should be at a good size to lightly stuff the scrubbie with netting scraps if desired. I always do if I remember. :)
Round 9: *sc dec in first/next st, sc in next st, repeat from * around. (12 sc)
Round 10: sc dec in each st around. (6 sc)
Round 11: sc dec as many times as you can, fasten off.

Pull end through middle and into scrubbie. And you're done!

8 comments :

  1. Thanks for the pattern! I've been looking for this pattern ever since my mother bought one of these scrubbies at a craft show. Where did you buy your netting? I've tried the spools of tulle, but it doesn't quite seem scrubby enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    Have been looking for this very things for a longgggggg time:)
    God Bless you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a blessing to the many lives you touch. What an AMAZING young lady. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern and your story. God Bless You!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this pattern. A friend recently asked if I knew how to make....now I can surprise her with several.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many yards do you need?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the pattern. I am always grateful for free patterns. My daughter requested the scrubbiy for the bath.. This seems like the perfect size and rough-ness. How many yards to make a few?
    I often see batches at the thrift store (left over from dance recitals no doubt), so thrift store found will make these a super bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a simple easy pattern!! At the end of each row do u join with a slip stitch or do u just continue in a spiral?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete