Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Afghan!!!

I haven't posted in a while about what I have been making lately, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been crocheting. I have been doing plenty of crocheting. Fair is coming up soon - it's in August. Since I will be gone most of July on my trip (see previous post), and the week after that we have things going on, so there won't be much time in July for fair projects. So that leaves the rest of this month and June for fair projects. So I have been working on fair projects lately (I have a lot of them to do). One of the things that I had decided to make for fair was a afghan. So on the 7th (of May) I started it. I have been working on it a lot since then, and today I finished it!!! The pattern I used can be found here. I used a size N hook (very large) and Homespun yarn from Lion Brand. Even though the pattern called for Red Heart Light and Lofty, I used Homespun, because when we went to Joann Fabrics (that is my favorite yarn store - can you tell?) to get yarn for my afghan, the only colors they had in Light and Lofty were browns, blacks, and whites, and I didn't really want any of those colors for my afghan. So we picked out two Homespun colors - Colonial (blue) and Barrington (purple). We would have chosen two different colors, but it was hard to find six skeins of the same color with the same dye lot. It took me awhile to figure out the pattern when I first started, but now I could almost do it in my sleep. :-)

Me with my afghan

A close up of the pattern

1 comment :

  1. THats really cool. I am going to figure out how to make that sometime. lol It might be a while, but I will. lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete