Friday, September 7, 2012

Finished Friday - Lyla's Hat

I mentioned I was in NY for a couple weeks last Finished Friday, but didn't really explain why. I am here helping to provide childcare for an adopting family as Mama goes back to get baby Lyla. I've been blogging about my time here on my other blog, but there's something I want to share with you craft related! :)

Yesterday Lyla had her "Gotcha" day, which means her mama got her out of the orphanage forever!!! They'll be home in about a week, after they finish up all the paperwork and get her passport and stuff, but look what she got to wear for her gotcha day!!!!




Along with that adorable outfit, a hat I got to make!! :) Summer was looking at a hat that was similar at the store the day before she left, but it wasn't the right size. I told her I would make one (thank goodness I happened to bring along the right colors for another project!!), and was able to customize the colors and size a little bit more, as well as adding the heart. :)

The hot glue I used to glue on the heart got a little messy, but otherwise I'm really happy with how it turned out! :)


I've been too busy loving on the babies here to do anything else!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you would like to join me in this Finished Friday quest to get rid of all the half finished projects we all have... please blog about your project(s) you have finished the past week on Friday's, and come back here and leave a comment with your blog link. If this is successful, in the future I might set up a linky list you can join. Projects do not have to be projects you procrastinated on, they can be anything, sewing/crocheting/knitting or any other fiber art, and they need to be FINISHED! :)

Bloggers currently blogging FF frequently with me are: 
Brianna - http://briannascreativecrochet.com/

Can't wait to see your projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment